Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Simon Gutierrez 2nd at Masters' USATF XC Nationals

The Gute does it again....impresses the Golden Years ladies to take 2nd OA in the Masters' 10k race of the 2012 USATF National Club Cross Country Championships in Masterson Station Park in Lexington, KY. It was carbon copy of the 2009 Masters' race where he took the runner up spot at the same venue. His time for the 10k course was 32:53 behind Malcolm Campbell of  the Atlanta Track Club.

In his words:

XC nationals went well....we dropped the eventual winner with 1.5 miles to go which I made the mistake of getting complacent and not pushing the pace...with 800 to go I dropped the eventual third place guy easily only to have Malcolm come screaming by me with 500 to go...I guess you can say I was xc ring rusty....this is the exact race I ran here three years ago, identical, finish too ...got, out kicked last 500 in 2009. Last time I hurt my knee here so, getting back on this course was nerve racking, but satisfying...

Gute finishing 2nd in a tightly fought Masters' race in 32:53

Results
USATF Press Release

No comments:

Post a Comment